Eclipse Babel Project Downloads
Language Packs for Eclipse Babel release 0.20.0 are now available for March 1, 2023!
Babel Language Packs R0.20.0 for 2022-12, 2022-09, 2022-06, and 2022-03 release trains are now available! Translations in all languages for all projects in Eclipse Babel up to February 20, 2023 are included in R0.20.0.
Eclipse Babel Project is currently setup to accept translation contributions in 47 languages for about 40+ Eclipse projects and sub-projects. Participation for each language and each project may vary. For some of the most common projects, the completion percentages are very high. See the Babel Translation Statistics for more details.
All downloads are provided under the terms and conditions of the Eclipse Foundation Software User Agreement unless otherwise specified.
The Babel project produces language packs from the translations entered using the Babel Translation Tool. You can download the Eclipse Babel Language Pack Zips from the following links, or use the Eclipse Babel Language Pack Update Sites to download the languages packs.
Installing the language packs
- Open the install wizard with 'Help' > 'Install new software...'
- Add the Babel p2 repository: https://download.eclipse.org/technology/babel/update-site/latest/ to your Eclipse installation.
- Select and install your language pack of choice.
- Restart Eclipse and you should get a translated Eclipse experience!
Using the language packs
If the system locale for your operating system is already in the language you want to launch Eclipse in, all you have to do is to launch Eclipse normally and the language packs will be loaded.
If the system locale is in English, and you want to launch Eclipse in another language, you have to launch Eclipse with the -nl command line argument:
eclipse.exe -nl fr
Replace fr with the locale you wish to use. See "Running Eclipse" for more details. Also see the "Teach Your Eclipse to Speak the Local Lingo" Eclipse Corner Article for more examples on how to launch Eclipse in different languages (including bi-directional language like Arabic) and different operating systems (like Linux and Mac OS X).
Babel Language Pack Zips and Update Sites - R0.20.0 (2023/03/01)
|Babel Language Pack Zips|
|Latest Release | 2022-12 | 2022-09 | 2022-06 | 2022-03|
Babel Language Pack Update Site for Latest Release
Zipped p2 Repository for Latest Release (159 MB)
Babel Language Pack Update Site for 2022-12
Zipped p2 Repository for 2022-12 (159 MB)
Babel Language Pack Update Site for 2022-09
Zipped p2 Repository for 2022-09 (157 MB)
Babel Language Pack Update Site for 2022-06
Zipped p2 Repository for 2022-06 (154 MB)
Babel Language Pack Update Site for 2022-03
Zipped p2 Repository for 2022-03 (154 MB)
Important notes for Eclipse Babel Language Packs R0.20.0
- Babel Language Packs for older release trains can be found at Eclipse Babel Project Archived Downloads.
- Not all of the existing Eclipse Foundation Projects are included in Babel yet. If you encounter a project that you would like to help translate, tell that project's leaders.
- Not all languages are included in Babel yet. Request an additional language through Bugzilla.
Eclipse Babel Pseudo Translations
Babel Pseudo Translations are a very useful tool for globalization testing of Eclipse projects.
See the "Babel Pseudo Translations" Eclipse Corner Article for step-by-step instructions and examples describing what are the Babel Pseudo Translations, where to download them, how to install them, and how to launch Eclipse in Babel Pseudo Translations.
Eclipse developers can use the Babel Pseudo Translations to verify the translatability of their projects and make sure Eclipse excels in national language support.
- Eclipse Babel Project Language Pack Developer and Nightly Builds
- Eclipse Babel Project Language Pack Archived Downloads
- Eclipse Babel Server weekly mysqldump