aDesigner is a disability simulator that helps designers ensure that their content and applications are accessible and usable by the visually impaired.
Voice browsers and screen readers read aloud the text on Web pages and are used by visually impaired people. However, these devices are less effective with certain kinds of content, such as highly graphical material. Web developers can use aDesigner to test the accessibility and usability of Web pages for low-vision and blind people.
aDesigner also helps users to check accessibility of ODF documents and Flash content. It also has accessibility information (MSAA/IA2) inspection functions.
All downloads are provided under the terms and conditions of the Eclipse Foundation Software User Agreement.
ACTF aDesigner is an Eclipse RCP application. Download and unpack a zip file, and execute aDesigner.exe in the aDesigner folder. Online help is available from Help menu.
- Operating Systems
- Windows® 7 or above
- 100MB disk space for installation
- 150MB disk space (200MB recommended)
- 512MB free memory (1GB+ recommended)
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 7 or above
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or above
- For Flash Accessibility mode (experimental): Adobe® Flash Player, Version 8 or above
- For OpenDocument Accessibility mode:
- aDesigner 0.9.0 or above: OpenOffice.org 3.2.x
- aDesigner 0.8.0: OpenOffice.org 3.x (3.0.1 to 3.1.x)
- aDesigner 0.7.0: OpenOffice.org 3.x (3.0.1 to 3.1.x)
- aDesigner 0.5.0: OpenOffice.org 2.x (2.1.0 or above)