Ditto 2.2.0 is API and binary compatible to prior Eclipse Ditto 2.x versions.
Eclipse Ditto 2.2.0 includes the following topics/enhancements:
- Filter for twin life-cycle events like e.g. “thing created” or “feature deleted” via RQL expressions
- Possibility to forward connection logs via fluentd or Fluent Bit to an arbitrary logging system
- Add OAuth2 client credentials flow as an authentication mechanism for Ditto managed HTTP connections
- Allow using the dash
-as part of the “namespace” part in Ditto thing and policy IDs
The following notable fixes are included:
- Policy enforcement for event publishing was fixed
- Search updater cache inconsistencies were fixed
- Fixed diff computation in search index on nested arrays
The following non-functional work is also included:
- Collect Apache Kafka consumer metrics and expose them to Prometheus endpoint
For a complete list of all merged PRs, inspect the following milestones:
Compared to the latest release 2.1.0, the following most notable changes, new features and bugfixes were added.
A feedback from our community was that the dash
- should be an allowed character in the
namespace part of Ditto managed IDs.
As there were no technical reasons to not allow the dash, we agreed and namespaces do now support dashes, e.g. in order to use the reverse-domain-notation for a package name with domains including dashes.
Only emit events for Thing creation and deletion:
Configure log publishingfor your Ditto managed connections in order to get connection logs wherever you need them to analyze.
Add OAuth2 client credentials flow as an authentication mechanism for Ditto managed HTTP connections
Have a look at our blog post which shares an example of how to configure a Ditto managed HTTP connection to make use of OAuth2.0 authentication.
The used Rhino JS engine allows making use of “CommonJS” in order to load JS
require('') into the engine. This feature has now been exposed by Ditto, configuring the environment
CONNECTIVITY_MESSAGE_MAPPING_JS_COMMON_JS_MODULE_PATH of the connectivity service to a path in the
connectivity Docker container where to load additional CommonJS modules from - e.g. use a volume mount in order to get
additional JS modules into the container.
Several bugs in Ditto 2.1.x were fixed for 2.2.0.
This is a complete list of the merged pull requests, including the fixed bugs.
No migrations required updating from Ditto 2.1.x
For a complete list of all merged client PRs, inspect the following milestones:
Ditto Java SDK
No mentionable changes/enhancements/bugfixes.
See separate Changelog of JS client.
Looking forward, the current plans for Ditto 2.3.0 are: